What personal data do we collect
The personal data we gather from you may include your name, email address, mobile and/or landline telephone number, your postal address, name of your company, your National Lighting Customer Number and any other information you are voluntarily willing to share with us when you contact our customer services or while engaging with our social media.
When do we collect your personal data
We collect your personal data when you access our website, when you interact with our social media channels, when you use one of the Contact Forms on our website, when you make a telephone/mobile call to our customer service or reception, when you send an email to any of our employees, when you contact us or we contact you to take part in surveys, competitions or promotions and when you visit one of our customer centres.
Retention of your personal data
How do we protect your personal data
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. Your personal data is protected by encryption techniques and other safeguard technologies such as firewalls and password protection. Also, strict physical controls in our buildings restrict access to your personal data. We have also implemented various controls, strategies and procedures to keep your personal data secure.
How do we use your personal data
We use your data to make our products and services information available to you (e.g. to communicate with you regarding our products and services), for administrative and internal business purposes (e.g. using the information you shared with us for improving our website), for security and legal reasons (e.g. detection of fraud) and our marketing activities (e.g. sending you an email newsletter or invitation for an event).
Who do we share your personal data with or transfer it to
We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party.
We may, however, share your personal data with a third party marketing company (only with your consent). For example, we currently use Campaign Monitor to send you email newsletters.
When sharing personal data with a third party, National Lighting requires that such third party agrees to protect and handle your personal data in accordance with all legal, regulatory and contractual obligations.
What are your rights under GDPR
- The right to be informed means all organisations must be completely transparent in how they are using your personal data which also includes us.
- You have the right to know exactly what information is held about you and how it is processed.
- The right of rectification entitles you to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ is your right to having your personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why you wish to discontinue.
- The right to restrict processing is your right to block or suppress processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability allows you to retain and reuse your personal data for your own purpose.
- The right to object means you are entitled to object to your personal data being used. This includes if a company uses personal data for the purpose of direct marketing, scientific and historical research, or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
- Rights of automated decision making and profiling – the GDPR has put in place safeguards to protect you against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention. For example, you can choose not to be the subject of a decision where the consequence has a legal bearing on you or is based on the automated processing.
If you wish to know more about your rights considering protection of your personal data, you can learn more about the subject here: www.dataprotection.ie.
Changing your mind
If for any reason you decide you want your personal data to be deleted from our database or delivered to you, you can request this by emailing us at email@example.com